Cannot select existing project for new board

Faisal_Hussain January 2, 2020

Hello Guys ... I am trying to create a new kanban board for one of my projects but for some reason I cannot select my existing project for that board ... Any suggestions ?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2020

The most likely reason is that you are on a Business project and not a Software project. With BPs you cannot add a kanban/scrum board directly. Consider choosing your profile as the Location and then add a shortcut to your project sidebar.

Faisal_Hussain January 5, 2020

@Jack Brickey  ... Thanks but it is a software project not a business project

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

Check whether you have "Browse Project Permissions" for that project which you have to select.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2020

And also "Create shared objects global permissions" is required or else you will get this error.

Errors.png

@Pramodh M ... from where I can check whether I have "Browse Project Permissions" permissions ? 

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2020

You need to be a Project administrator to check that...

Follow these steps

First go to Projects options in administration tab

Projects.jpg

And then select the project which you were not able to select in the board and go to project settings page (Project settings options is available at the bottom left page when you go to project), in that select Permissions option

Check the role you are in, or group you should be in the "Browse Project Permission" 

Permissions.png

Roles can be checked in the Users and Roles Option of Project settings page.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2020

If you are not a Project administrator and do not have any admin rights on that project,

you need to contact Jira administrator.

I have only this in the project settings 

image.png

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2020

If its a next-gen project, its cannot be selected.

Only classic projects can be combined while creating boards.

yes it is a next-gen project ... Can you guide how can I add a Kanban board to this project 

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2020

I'd more than happy to help, but the next-gen projects are built in a way that they should have only one board.

For more reference, please visit the links

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-questions/Create-multiple-Next-Gen-boards/qaq-p/927005

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/working-with-next-gen-software-projects-945104895.html

Suggest an answer