It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot select existing project for new board

Hello Guys ... I am trying to create a new kanban board for one of my projects but for some reason I cannot select my existing project for that board ... Any suggestions ?

2 answers

Check whether you have "Browse Project Permissions" for that project which you have to select.

And also "Create shared objects global permissions" is required or else you will get this error.

Errors.png

@Pramodh ... from where I can check whether I have "Browse Project Permissions" permissions ? 

You need to be a Project administrator to check that...

Follow these steps

First go to Projects options in administration tab

Projects.jpg

And then select the project which you were not able to select in the board and go to project settings page (Project settings options is available at the bottom left page when you go to project), in that select Permissions option

Check the role you are in, or group you should be in the "Browse Project Permission" 

Permissions.png

Roles can be checked in the Users and Roles Option of Project settings page.

If you are not a Project administrator and do not have any admin rights on that project,

you need to contact Jira administrator.

I have only this in the project settings 

image.png

If its a next-gen project, its cannot be selected.

Only classic projects can be combined while creating boards.

yes it is a next-gen project ... Can you guide how can I add a Kanban board to this project 

I'd more than happy to help, but the next-gen projects are built in a way that they should have only one board.

For more reference, please visit the links

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-questions/Create-multiple-Next-Gen-boards/qaq-p/927005

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/working-with-next-gen-software-projects-945104895.html

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jan 05, 2020

The most likely reason is that you are on a Business project and not a Software project. With BPs you cannot add a kanban/scrum board directly. Consider choosing your profile as the Location and then add a shortcut to your project sidebar.

@Jack  ... Thanks but it is a software project not a business project

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you