Cannot see the burndown chart

Mariusz Kulerski March 20, 2019

I'm using cloud version, project has the Kanban board and relaease creeated with issues added to it. However in the Reports I cant' see Version (or Release) Burndown chart anywhere.

Am I missing something?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2019

@Mariusz Kulerski Burndown Chart is not available for Kanban Projects/Boards in JIRA.

Thank you, is there any alternative solution to get the burndown for project or version in Kanban projects? If not I assume the only way is to create Scrum project and reimport all issues.

BTW: It looks like the documentation could include that information, but it doesnt: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/release-burndown-777002702.html

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2019

@Mariusz Kulerski Even if the documentation does not mention it specifically, this is understandable if we know the differences between Kanban and Scrum projects. There is no concept of "Sprints" in Kanban methodology and the documentation mentions Sprints everywhere.

Like Phakama Ndzuza likes this

I know the difference however having a version burndown in Kanban still makes sense. Anyway thank you for the answer, it looks like I need to do it manually outside the JIRA 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer