Cannot see svn commits in Jira issues

Marina Veselić December 6, 2017

Hello,

I have set up the  SVN repository path in my Jira software project. I can click on it and it is shown in fisheye. So I guess it is set up correctly. We are using smart commits. However we cannot see commits for an issue in the Development tab, but somehowe, it shows up in the activity tab.

Am I assuming wrong that svn commits can be seen from jira issues? Beacuse, we can see crucible reviews and bitbucket commits. 

- Smart commits in Fisheye (v.4.5.0) are enabled.

- Application links in Jira Software  (v. 7.5.2) are all with "Connected" status. However there are no options for Smart commits for Fisheye / Crucible link configuration. OAuth (impersonation) is used for connecting between Fisheye/Crucible and Jira.

- Fisheye aplication links are set and connected.

- FishEye user is in the group jira-administrators and jira-software-users which both have Application access to Jira software.

- Permisson View Development tools is set to "Any logged in user".

Is there something I am missing?

Thank you,

Marina

3 answers

0 votes
Marina Veselić January 4, 2018

The problem was in the fomat of the commit. If there is a dash infront, the issue will not be seen. The problem is explained very well here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-14893

Please upvote it. :)

Thanks for the help and cheers,

Marina

0 votes
Marina Veselić December 7, 2017

Hi,

When you say "Edit Subversion Index Update Service" do you mean in Jira or in Fisheye? Because, we don't have any subversion plugin for Jira. 

Do we need Jira subversion plugin? If so, the words on the plugin page "This plugin is no longer being actively developed, and there are no plans to make it compatible with Jira 7.4 or above." are not very encouraging.

Is there a another way to reindex the svn repository?

For the record, we have tried reindexing the svn repository in fisheye, but it got stuck on Indexing changsets. It has been like that for days.

reindexing_svn.png

Thank you,

Marina

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2017

Hi Marina,

I want to see if re-indexing the Subversion index helps:

1. Navigate to the Services page 
  2. Edit Subversion Index Update Service
  3. Choose Advances and set it to 

0 * * * * ?
  4. Click update , go to the JIRA issue and refresh the page after a minute.

Let me know if that works and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer