Cannot see own worklogs for new project

Veronika Priesner November 14, 2017

I created a new project and can log work just fine, however I cannot view MY OWN worklogs once I have logged them. I know that they were created successfully because the total tempo time logged increases and it shows myself as a collaborator with time logged.

The worklogs tab in the 'issue' view is completely empty, however, as is the 'my work' view where the logged times from other projects clearly show up.

I already added myself as a Tempo Project Manager, but that also did not resolve the issue. Any other ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Földes László October 12, 2018

Same problem here. I'm the JIRA administrator. I added myself to a project with the same Project Roles as another person. If I log work to a task, I can see it immediately. If I log in as the other user, log work for the same task (or another), I cannot see the worklog, ever, however the logged time increases on the task. The other person does not appear as "collaborator".

This is the same for Tempo Timesheet. As myself, I can see the worklog entries, the tasks. As the other person, I cannot see any task from the project, or in Tempo Timesheet.

The permission for Browse Project is connected to the Users project role and both account (myself and the other) have the Users project role set.

I created a Tempo Team, and linked 2 projects to it. As myself, I can see both, as the other person, I can see only 1.

I chose another random project, I logged work while impersonating this person, and he appeared as collaborator and I could see the entered work log. So this problem is project bases (permission, project role, whatever).

Földes László October 12, 2018

I have changed the Permission Scheme to another projects scheme, and my problem has been solved (of course I don't know if this is a nice solution or just happens to work properly).

This bug is either design bug or implantation bug because creating worklog entries and seeing them should be tied together, as it is useless to create worklog but not able to see them, but somehow this has been separated here.

0 votes
Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

@Veronika Priesner, one of the common cause for this is that you're missing the 'Browse Projects' permission in JIRA. You should verify the project permissions in the administrator's project configuration pages . If you are not an Jira administrator on your instance, ask the admin to grant you that privilege.

Veronika Priesner November 15, 2017

After logging in today, I can see everything now. Guess JIRA is just slower to update than I would have expected. Thanks anyways!

Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2017

@Veronika Priesner, the information should be available right away.

Anyway, I'm glad it now works for you.

Veronika Priesner November 16, 2017

Then it's a bug and should be looked into.

Veronika Priesner January 8, 2018

I have to open up this issue again. Now it's also happening on existing projects where I already can log hours, it's just when I create a new issue that the logged hours will not show up within an acceptable amount of time. I'm sure they will show up in 24 hours but frankly I'm expecting to see my logged hours for today within a couple of minutes after logging them and not have to wait until the next day!!

Suggest an answer