Cannot see own worklogs for new project

I created a new project and can log work just fine, however I cannot view MY OWN worklogs once I have logged them. I know that they were created successfully because the total tempo time logged increases and it shows myself as a collaborator with time logged.

The worklogs tab in the 'issue' view is completely empty, however, as is the 'my work' view where the logged times from other projects clearly show up.

I already added myself as a Tempo Project Manager, but that also did not resolve the issue. Any other ideas?

1 answer

0 votes

@Veronika Priesner, one of the common cause for this is that you're missing the 'Browse Projects' permission in JIRA. You should verify the project permissions in the administrator's project configuration pages . If you are not an Jira administrator on your instance, ask the admin to grant you that privilege.

After logging in today, I can see everything now. Guess JIRA is just slower to update than I would have expected. Thanks anyways!

@Veronika Priesner, the information should be available right away.

Anyway, I'm glad it now works for you.

Then it's a bug and should be looked into.

I have to open up this issue again. Now it's also happening on existing projects where I already can log hours, it's just when I create a new issue that the logged hours will not show up within an acceptable amount of time. I'm sure they will show up in 24 hours but frankly I'm expecting to see my logged hours for today within a couple of minutes after logging them and not have to wait until the next day!!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,932 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot