• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot read property 'hideFooter' of undefined all.js:82

I'm getting an error (cannot read property 'hideFooter' of undefined) in all.js while initializing iframe in my jira plugin. Local scope seems to miss the whole jira context.

2 answers

I have the same issue, in both all.js and all-debug.js files served from https://connect-cdn.atl-paas.net

I see the same problem. If I create a minimal example using the recommended DOM according to Atlassian's JavaScript documentation the error still shows up.

<html>
<head>
<script src="https://connect-cdn.atl-paas.net/all.js"></script>
</head>
<body>
<div class="ac-content">
<p>Hello World</p>
<div id="your-id-here">
<p>Addon content goes here</p>
</div>
...this area reserved for our resize sensor divs
</body>
</html>

Running that example in my browser will give me a 

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'hideFooter' of undefined at all.js:82

Same here trying to add a plugin admin page

I'm seeing this as well, but for Confluence macros.

0 votes
boydo Atlassian Team Jan 01, 2020

all.js is intended to be loaded in an app iframe on a Jira or Confluence page only.

Loading all.js in a separate web page, outside of those products will not work (by design) and result in the error you see above.

I'll look at updating our docs and error message to be more helpful in this scenario

The file was being loaded inside an iframe, but it was nested inside an iframe within and iframe by mistake.  It took quite a while to discover the root cause due to the lack of a clear error, however, so any updates you could make to that would surely be helpful in the future.

Like Ture Hoefner likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you