Cannot manage apps and get error message with plans and parent child links

Melissa Robertson-Le April 7, 2021

Error message occurs

"You're not licensed for Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. To continue, obtain a Data Center license, or contact support to confirm your license."

Cannot manage apps or do anything about it currently 

Jira version 8.4

2 answers

0 votes
Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2022

Hi, folks. I recently came across this after upgrading to 8.21. I suppose it can happen on any version post 8.15.

The root cause was that the database was still seeing Jira as having version 8.15 (or below) and for those version, Advanced Roadmaps for Jira still required a license.

I was able to bypass it by updating like below:

update propertystring set propertyvalue = '821000' where id = (select id from propertyentry where property_key = 'jira.version.patched');

Make sure to get the correct build number for propertyvalue. The above is for 8.21.0.

They can all be found here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-server-build-and-version-numbers-reference-347341143.html 

I could not determine why this field was not updated after the upgrade.

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2021

Hi @Melissa Robertson-Le,

Do you think you could provide some more context around this question please? Were you previously using Advanced Roadmaps and are no longer able to? What version of Advanced Roadmaps were you using?

We are no longer selling Advanced Roadmaps on the market place to Server customers as it is now included as part of Data Center, however we are continuing to support existing Advanced Roadmaps customers on Server.

I'd really love to understand more how you ended up with this error message? Have you attempted to update or install the Advanced Roadmaps app recently?

Regards,

Dave 

Suggest an answer