Cannot install this integration as it can only be installed globally by a group administrator

Deleted user February 16, 2015

I get this error while trying to connect a JIRA Cloud instance with HipChat.

Any ideas?

4 answers

0 votes
Ebeid ElSayed
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 13, 2015

How to be a "Group Admin" ?

0 votes
lwhken
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 18, 2015

Hey guys,

I found out that you have to be the "Group Admin" to do the integration. When you login through browser you should see this if you're Group Admin:

image2015-3-19 10:29:51.png

And Group Admin means you are the one who created the account with domain {whatever name you picked}.hipchat.com.

Hope that helps.

Ken 

0 votes
Kevin Hamid
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 18, 2015

I have the same request, I get this message when trying to connect to hipchat from JIRA,  I have followed the connection instructions and combinations, I am in the administrators group as well as other JIRA groups defined, but I cannot find any reference to this group 'group administrator

Cannot install this integration as it can only be installed globally by a group administrator.

Kevin Hamid

0 votes
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2015

Hi Andrei,

It seems like JIRA is reporting that the user trying to set the connection does not possess JIRA Administrator Global Permission, although I'm not sure of it.

So please try verifying the your Global Permission and let us know if it helps!

Cheers! 

Andre

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events