Cannot find method error - groovy (getProjectRoleActors

Daniel Burke January 11, 2018

Does anybody else get this error when trying to use the getProjectRoleActors and passing in two arguments? Or am I being silly and missing something?

I'm trying to get the users who have each role in each project..

Thanks2018-01-11_13h36_57.png

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2018

Could you show the error message?

Sorry, here is the message and my imports that I have: 2018-01-11_13h36_57.pngimports.png

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2018

That is right. There is no such method. You pass wrong parameters. You should pass

getProjectRoleActors(ProjectRole projectRole, Project project)

I get the same error when I pass two arguments as string representations, ideally I'd be able to get the full list of roles, with the users (actors) too.

I also tried to pass in (projectRoleList[1], "Test") but still get the same error. Any ideas?2018-01-11_13h36_57.png

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2018

You should pass ProjectRole and Project variables. Not Strings, ints, long etc. String is String. String is not ProjectRole or Project.

2018-01-11_13h36_57.pngHmm, these are Project and Role objects though (I think) that are being passed in..

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2018

No, these ara List<ProjectRole> and List<Project>. And List<ProjectRole> does not equal to ProjectRole. Same with Project. You need to iterate over Lists and pass each value to the function.

Can you give me an example please? I'm confused.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2018

for (ProjectRole projectrole : projectRoles) {

for (Project project : projectArray) {

def ret = projectRoleManager.getProjectRoleActors(projectRole,project)

}

}

I did not check the code. There are can be typos. But it is the idea

Duh, of course.. thank you! 

Suggest an answer