It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot delete a completed sprint in JIRA

I have a sprint without issues associated, and I accidentally completed the sprint. How can I delete that sprint? 

I already grated "Manage Sprints" to my group but still cannot find the delete sprint. 

I also followed this documentation but still don't have the delete sprint.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/deleting-a-sprint-938845460.html?_ga=2.145278068.1189560789.1521607356-1626084325.1498705953

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Allen,

If you have "Manage Sprints" permission and the sprint is definitely completed, you should be able to see Delete button on the Sprint Report page (doesn't matter if the sprint has issues associated):
delete-sprint.jpeg
Can you please upload the screenshot of the Sprint Report screen?

Cheers,
Marko Filipan

Hi @Marko Filipan thanks for your response. I have an access to manage sprint but when I click dropdown of sprint I can only see "Re-open sprint". I also cannot re-open sprint, it prompts me that there's no issues associated to this sprint.

0 votes

Hello,

Even I have the same problem. Looks like I am using 6.4.11 version and there is no option to delete a completed sprint in this version. 

Do we have plugin or something to do this?

Thanks, B

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

231 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you