Cannot create new tasks in Android App for 2 of 3 projects

Rüdiger Gleim
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 14, 2020

Cannot create new tasks in Android App for 2 of 3 projects. However it works for all projects in the Desktop Browser Version. The two notworking share the same workflow Model.

I can create subtasks though and Schlange states in all 3 projects using the Android App.

3 answers

2 votes
Carlos Khatchikian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2020

Hey @Rüdiger Gleim , I worked in the Mobile teams in Atlassian and we had a bug that this could happen.

Could you try in Android to go to the App Info -> Storage & Cache -> Clear storage. 

You don't have to uninstall the app.

After that, please answer back if you are still experiencing the problem. 

You can always raise a ticket in support.atlassian.com

0 votes
Josh Carolan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2020

edit: meant to reply inline, removing this.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @Rüdiger Gleim,

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I understand that you have a pair of projects in Jira Cloud were you cannot create new tasks when using the mobile Android app. 

It seems very strange that this works in the Desktop account, and for subtasks, but not tasks.  This leads me to wonder if perhaps there is some kind of custom workflow, specifically in use by the Task issuetype in these projects. 

I can also see that you're using a free plan of Jira Software Cloud.  I don't think this should cause a problem.  But I'd like to try to learn more about your configuration and your environment so that I can try to recreate this problem and better understand what is happening here.

Could you let me know more about the projects here?

Are these next-gen projects or classic?

You mentioned they had the same workflow, so I'm inclined to believe this is classic, but I'd be interested to know what exists in that workflow.  I know that some changes to the validators/conditions that might exist on that create transition might be behaving in an unexpected way in the mobile app. If that's the case, I'd like to know the details of that configuration so that I can recreate this. It is possible this is a bug, but if that is the case, I need to detail the exact steps in order to create such a bug.

Let me know.

Andy

Andrew Poltavchenko June 1, 2020

Hey guys. Also experiencing the same problem.

Jira Android version: 50.0.416

Android version: 10

Tried to clear application cache, but still receive the same errors (please see attached screenshots).

Also, previously (may be a few updates earlier) the error message was a bit different and told me that I do not have enough permissions to create issues in projects...what cannot be true because of two reasons:

• I am an account owner and have all permissions.
  • I was able to create issues using WEB UI.

Regarding types of the projects: tried both classic and next-gen projects (can provide workflows names in case of the need).

For note: I'm still able to create issues in one next-gen project - Service Desk.

I hope this will be useful, thank you!Screenshot_20200601-101928_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20200601-101946_Jira.jpgScreenshot_20200601-101954_Jira.jpg

Josh Carolan
Atlassian Team
June 3, 2020

Hi Andrew, 

It looks like you hit clear cache instead of clear data. If you clear data, rather than clear cache, it should solve the problem.

We also have a fix for this rolling out in our next version v51 which should roll out early next week.

Thanks for reporting and if even after clearing data the problem still persists please let me know! 

Like Andrew Poltavchenko likes this
Andrew Poltavchenko June 3, 2020

Thank you! Purging of data solved the issue in my case.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events