Cannot create board to existing project

Brian Law July 12, 2018

I created a project before I was given site admin so I only had the "Agility" option.

I have now been granted admin to our jira instance so I can create other boards like kanban. When I go Search > View All Boards > Create Board I cannot create a new board for my project I can create it for three of the five projects we have. I am not sure what is so special about my project and the other one that I cannot create a new board for.

How can I fix this?

I have a backlog. I have tried to add the board both when I didn't have an active sprint and when I have an active sprint but my project can't be selected when I try to create the kanban board?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2018

Hi @Brian Law

Thanks for raising the question, we're sorry about your inconvenience. Let's try to resolve this asap. 

Today Agility project doesn't support multiple boards. If you want to use Kanban board, we recommend creating a new Kanban project. Once you have created your new project, you can move issues from your existing agility project to the new one. 

Hi @Jennifer Morel 

If Agility is the only project you can create, we recommend you contact your Jira admin for permission to create other types of projects or boards.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Cheers,

Erika Sa

Atlassian Product Manager

Mike McCaffrey July 22, 2021

It begs the question, why is an agility project less flexible?

Like # people like this
1 vote
Jennifer Morel July 12, 2018

I have the same question Brian!

The only difference I see is that my new project is Agility vs. Kanban, but it doesn't give you the option to create any other type of project besides Agility.  I'm so confused.

Suggest an answer