Cannot create JIRA ticket from Zendesk

Viraj Samarasekera
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 4, 2019

I have integarted JIRA V7.11.0 with Zendesk using Zendesk Support for JIRA plugin. But I cannot create JIRA ticket from Zendesk. 

JIRA ticket creation form does not show IssueTypes and therefore I cannot create the JIRA ticket from Zendesk. thumbnail_image001.png

What is the reason for this ? How to solve this issue ?

Regards,

Viraj

2 answers

1 vote
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 25, 2019

Hi @Viraj Samarasekera ,

Did you consider one of the issue synchronisation solutions - check query here?

One of these apps - Exalate - allows synchronizing between Jira and Zendesk (but also Jira, Github, ServiceNow, HP QC and more to come).  It provides a number of capabilities such as

• Multiple bidirectional connections
    You can link a single Zendesk instance with multiple other instances (Jira (all deployment models), ServiceNow, Github, ... and more to come), or link a single Jira with multiple Zendesk instances (or any permutation you can imagine)

• Completeness
    Whenever you exalate an issue to Jira, you can send over the complete ticket history (all comments, descriptions ...).  And comments are copied over as if they have been created locally.  Status synchronisation is possible also on Jira Server

• No dependencies between the different instances
    The target project is selected on the Jira side.  Whenever you need to make a change in your Jira configuration - you can do it without affecting the synchronisation agreements.

• Private to Public bidirectional synchronisation
    Your Jira Server doesn't need to be exposed to the internet to make bidirectional synchronisation possible. 

Let us know if you would like to see it in action - we're here to demo the capabilities of Exalate  and to discuss your requirements - just select a convenient timeslot here

Psst - Obviously I'm with the exalate team :-)

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2019

Is your Jira Server instance exposed to the internet so that Zendesk can connect to it? This is required in order for things to work.

Viraj Samarasekera
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 7, 2019

Yes, Dave the JIRA server instance is exposed to internet.

Tejasree Padmavathi P
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 6, 2022

Hi @Viraj Samarasekera

Facing same issue, how did you resolve this?

Thanks,

Tejasree

Sina Loghavi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 9, 2024

Hey guys @Viraj Samarasekera @Tejasree Padmavathi P 

Were you able to solve this? Im having the same problem....

Thanks!

Suggest an answer