Cannot connect to REST API Oauth - Endpoints don't have enough documentation

I'm unable to connect to the JIRA REST API because the documentation is missing or confusing: 1) The API seems to require a flavor of Oauth 1.0, but there is no documentation for what the Consumer Secret should be. 2) There is no documentation for what the expected query keys are for the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. 3) I've tried variations on typical Oauth values for 1&2, but I always get a 404 "… for URI" XML error. I can't tell if this is because my Oauth arguments are wrong or what. NOTES: I am able to connect to the API easily via Basic Auth, but I need to use Oauth for my application. I have created an Application Link in JIRA admin, including fields for the "Incomjng Authentication" tab. This tab says that my application is able to authenticate using Oauth, so I have set this up correctly.

2 answers

This is the link I am using for REST API documentation and help: https://developer.atlassian.com/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/7372883
The 404 error is returned by the very first request: the request-token endpoint. I am unable to proceed any further in the Oauth flow.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

21,196 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you