Cannot connect to REST API Oauth - Endpoints don't have enough documentation

Jared Sinclair August 18, 2014
I'm unable to connect to the JIRA REST API because the documentation is missing or confusing: 1) The API seems to require a flavor of Oauth 1.0, but there is no documentation for what the Consumer Secret should be. 2) There is no documentation for what the expected query keys are for the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. 3) I've tried variations on typical Oauth values for 1&2, but I always get a 404 "… for URI" XML error. I can't tell if this is because my Oauth arguments are wrong or what. NOTES: I am able to connect to the API easily via Basic Auth, but I need to use Oauth for my application. I have created an Application Link in JIRA admin, including fields for the "Incomjng Authentication" tab. This tab says that my application is able to authenticate using Oauth, so I have set this up correctly.

2 answers

0 votes
The 404 error is returned by the very first request: the request-token endpoint. I am unable to proceed any further in the Oauth flow.
0 votes
This is the link I am using for REST API documentation and help: https://developer.atlassian.com/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/7372883

Suggest an answer