Cannot change the project lead

Moe Hussain August 14, 2017

Cannot change the project lead any more. I tried to change it and it keeps giving me error that " You must specify a valid project lead "

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

How are you trying to select the user?  What does that do when you select one?

I go to adminsiter project and tried to change the project lead there and it gives me an error. check screenshotScreenshot at Aug 14 13-57-01.png 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

Ok, can you test that they're assignable?

Go to an issue in the project and click assign - is Eric a viable option there?

The issue was the user name had a upper case. Atlassian support just respnded back. So the solution is to go change the user name to lower case and that resolved the issue.

Thanks for the help though @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2017

Ah, finding Eric in the assignee list would have got us to "case sensitive" after another step.  Glad you got there faster though!

Suggest an answer