Cannot attach a file from a text field menu bar in the resolve / close / reopen screens

Julien Benzimra January 7, 2016

Something very nice I discovered in JIRA 7 is the menu bar on top of description and other text fields like comments:

image2016-1-7 17:45:13.png

When you cilc on the attachement buttons, you usually have the list of files already attached to the issue, and the browse entry.

My problem is when I resolve an issue for instance. In the resolve screen, the comment field is displayed, but I don't have the browse entry anymore, making it impossible to upload a new file directly (I can still select files already attached).

Is there a way to get the browse capability in those screens ?

2 answers

0 votes
Jessica Thorson February 11, 2019

This has been frustrating for us as well. You now have to add the attachment to the request before Resolving so the attachments icon is available. The Attachments drop down with the Browse option is available on the Comment field for every other screen (that we use at least), but not on the Resolved screen for some reason... just a little annoying. 

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2016

Check the transition screen in your "Resolve" step and see if the "Attachment" field is present.

Julien Benzimra January 7, 2016

The attachement field was not present indeed. I added it and what I obtain is the field on which I can drop a file. That covers the need, but not in the perfect way as it takes place, and provides 2 ways that complete each others to play file attachements: one to add and one to insert in the comment for instance.

So I'm still wondering why the attachement button can't implement the browse entry in these transition screens while it works in the create and edit screens.

Sounds like something forgotten for me.

Suggest an answer