Cannot assign users with Jira Software application access to projects

Wouter Hogeland January 2, 2019

After migration from Jira Server to Jira Cloud, I have given application access to new users. When I try to assign these new users to associated projects the system can't find them. What am I doing wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

Hello,

Kindly make sure that these users have the Assignable User permission in the project permission scheme.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

Or what do you mean by assign users to a project? Do you mean to assign user to an issue in the project?

Wouter Hogeland January 3, 2019

In User management of the more general admin environment I have given users application access to Jira Software (among others). Next I want to add them as Users in the Project Settings for the Project/s they have to work on. The latter does not work, the system cannot find the users.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2019

I would compare groups for the users, whom you can see, and for the users, whom you can not see, and find the required group.

Suggest an answer