Cannot assign any users to tickets

Robert Ruben March 22, 2023

I am using the free Jira (10 users or less).  I have created two users (myself and one other).  However, only my name appears on the list of Assignees.  Both of us are auto-assigned as Admin, due to the functional limitations of the free version.  How do I assign him to tasks/tickets?

Thank you,

Rob

1 answer

0 votes
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2023

Welcome to Atlassian community. Have you checked that the other person has the Assignable permission in the project?

Go to Project Settings -> Permissions and use the Permission Helper to see if this person has the Assignable User permission.

Just being an administrator in Jira doesn't automatically give a person permissions in a specific project. However, an administrator cannot be locked out of a project since they can always go in and grant themselves permission.

Hope this helps.

I don't see anything under Project Settings called "Permissions".

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2023

Is your project a Team-Managed project or a Company-Managed project?

It is a team-managed project.  Thank you.

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2023

That explains why you don't see Permissions - look under Access. Is the other person set there as an administrator? 

Yes, we were both auto-assigned Admin.

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2023

I am stumped - you should see both yourself and the other user in the list of available users. I even set up my own free site and tried it there and it worked exactly as expected.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events