Cannot add tickets to sprint

Samuel Justus March 19, 2021

The ticket is in the backlog, but I cannot add it to the sprint, for 2 reasons.

1. I cannot drag and drop - not a jira issue but a royal PITA.

2. Its not an option in the ticket's fields. And when I try to configure the ticket, 'Sprint' isnt even an option. 

None of the tickets visible in the screenshot are able to be added.sprint.PNGno sprint.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2021

From the name of the screen you are looking at, the project was created as a Kanban project, so it would not have included the sprint "field" (as Kanban does not do sprints).  You probably need to get it added to the project and then screens.

But your board is a Scrum one, so that does have sprints.  But what is the sort order in the board filter?

Samuel Justus March 19, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  

I have other ANLY tickets that I can add to sprints no problem. But I just realized those tickets in the backlog also don't have the sprint 'field', but those I can drag and drop to the sprint. Any idea why the drag and drop feature would function in one project (scrum) and not another (kanban)?

Also, there is no sort order in the filter, I believe...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2021

To drag and drop, (including into a sprint), you need to have the filter sort order to be set to "rank".

The issues that don't have "sprint" - could they be sub-task types?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events