Cannot access workflow schemes

Mircea Craciun May 22, 2024

Hello, I am trying to follow this page https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-workflow-schemes/ but I don't seem to have access to the needed stuff.
I was given administrator privileges but still cannot see the relevant buttons.
If I go directly to the link, https://itxcast.atlassian.net/jira/settings/issues/issue-types , I get a 404.
Could someone please assist on what needs to be enabled for me to be able to access this? We just started with the free plan, in case that matters. The person that created the project and everything is able to access that page, so it seems to be an issue on my access rights, but we can't figure out why "administrator" isn't enough.
I attached an image with my user menu in case it help. I am also granted administrator role on the project,

Thank you.user-menu.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2024

Hi @Mircea Craciun and welcome,

you need to be a JIRA Administrator to access schemes. As Jira Project admin you can just add user in project roles and manage components/versions.

Hope this clarifies,

Fabio

Thank you, that solved the access problem, but I am not able to find the existing workflows.
So I go to a project settings -> Issue Types (... settings/issuetypes/ )
where I can see all my issue types. And I have say Stories and Bugs with the same workflow and then Tasks separately, Epic separately. So having like 4 or 5 workflows there.
I cannot find a way to move an issue type from one of these workflows to the other.
I went to /jira/settings/issues/issue-type-schemes but only the `Default Issue Type Scheme` is showing up there.
I also tried /jira/settings/issues/workflows and /secure/admin/ViewWorkflowSchemes.jspa
but none of my workflows are showing up there.
Is there a way to move an issue type to another workflow all inside a project?
To note that the https://itxcast.atlassian.net/jira/settings/issues/issue-types page only shows me 3 issue types, yet in my project I have 7 defined.
If I am setting this up wrong, what's the right process to set this up, given I'm likely to have different workflows for different projects.

Thank you

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2024

hey @Mircea Craciun ,

probably your project is a team-managed project so you can find all the customization at project admin side.

Immagine.png

Hope this helps,

Fabio

@fabYou are correct, it's a team project, but I am not finding the workflows, or a way to move issues between them.
I can see "Issue Types" there, like below
Screenshot 2024-05-22 134035.png

Opening that up, shows me a list of issue types and I have a button to edit workflow
Screenshot 2024-05-22 134511.png

But in there I cannot see a way to un-assign an issue type, or move an issue type between workflows.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 134538.png

Am I missing something?
Thanks

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2024

Hey @Mircea Craciun 

please go on Board->Columns and statuses and then click on Manage workflow in order to edit it

Immagine.png

Fabio

Thanks, but that gets me into here
Screenshot 2024-05-22 140114.png

The "Edit workflow" button there then gets me back to the last screenshot from my previous message, I still don't see how to move/assign issue types from/to/between the workflows...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events