It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot Change or Remove Due Date

I have a task ticket with a set Due Date.  I want to remove the due date.  Whenever I remove it and save my changes, the due date disappears; however, when I refresh the screen, the due date reappears.

There are no subtasks on this item.

5 answers

After some tries, I found an easier way:

• Select date field
  • Backspace
  • Enter

Date stays visible after Backspace but is removed after Enter.

Hi!
I also just ran into this and filed a bug which has been verified by Atlassian:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69567

Please vote and watch it if you’re interested.

Cheers,
Paul

Change the view to old view and then you can remove the due date field. Shame that Atlassian doesn't support removing it in the new experience view as due to the nature of projects being on hold sometimes, we might need to remove it until it's back on.

Hi ! check if the Schedule Issues permission is already set to the correct group and go into the full issue view and click "edit". Does that still fail?

Thanks for your response.  We do not "schedule issues" and this isn't occurring for any of the task of which I am aware.  Is still fails when editing in full issue view.

Joe Pitt Community Leader May 09, 2018

the schedule issue permission controls the due date

Ah! Ok.  My "schedule issue" permissions are correct.  I am an admin and permissions have been given to the admin role.  Any other ideas?

Joe Pitt Community Leader May 09, 2018

No, I'd open a support ticket with Atlassian

Thanks again.

You can remove the Due Date by editing the field, inserting a letter, e.g. "a" and then click Enter on keyboard.

it is not working for me....

You are right Meg! Some times works, some others not.

I finally found the right way: click on the field so the date is editable, press "End" on keyboard and then backspace and enter.

Like Johnbie Mpinda likes this

it works... thanks :)

Like Aspa Stathi likes this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

245 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you