Can you turn of FocusComment when opening Jira's from the Notification Bar?

Kenni Andersen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 12, 2020

Dear All, 

I was wondering if it was possible to turn of Focused Comments when I open Jira's from the Notification Bell in the Side?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2020

Hey Kenni,

The URLs you get for notifications from the notification bell in Jira/Confluence Cloud include a parameter for "?focusedCommentId=" (and then the comment ID). Out of the box, we don't provide a way to make the links go to the top of an issue rather than the actual comment that generated the notification.

I suppose it would be possible to use Tampermonkey to write a user script (non-Atlassian information and tutorial here) to strip that part of the URL from links in your browser. I personally find using Tampermonkey educational and a bit fun, so if you have some time on your hands that might be something to pursue.

But Jira itself does not provide a configuration option for where notification links take you.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer