Can you link multiple repositories to a JIRA project?

salpadoru April 19, 2017

Hi there,

We are working on a feature that involves updates to multiple git repositories in BitBucket.  Can I link more than one repository to the project?

Secondly, is there a way to link the repository at Epic level?

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2017

By default, when you integrate JIRA and Bitbucket together, all Bitbucket Repos link to all JIRA Projects.  You can create explicit mappings between 1 or more Repos and 1 or more Projects if you don't want the all to all mapping. An Epic behaves no differently than a Story or Bug as it relates to commit association, so you can include an Epic issue# in your commit message and associate commits to an Epic.  The mapping of Repo can only be done at the Project level in JIRA and not at the issue level, though.

salpadoru April 19, 2017

Makes sense. Thanks!

Daniel Raj
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 2, 2023

how can i create those explicit mappings

1 vote
BG Pantaleon October 19, 2023

Is it possible to connect multiple repos to one issue/ticket?

1 vote
Sandip karande September 18, 2018

I want to map one entire existing repository commits to newly created one single user story of project without modifying commit messages for user story number. Can someone help to sort out this problem. I will really appreciate your quick help. Thanks

0 votes
Christian Chabtini
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 31, 2024

what about github or azure git ? 

Christian Chabtini
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 31, 2024

Is it possible to connect multiple repos to one issue/ticket..

Suggest an answer