Can you have one Scrum board and still maintain separate backlogs?

Melissa A
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 3, 2019

My company has mandated that we have one sprint board per team.  The problem is, our team crosses multiple projects.  Displaying everything on one board is simple enough, but is it possible to still maintain separate backlogs?  Right now they are all combining into a huge, unmanageable backlog.

So... Board configured to display Project A, B, C and D work for one Sprint (fine)

Selecting 'backlog' on any of the projects individually displays one combined backlog (not fine)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

Hi @Melissa A 

Best approach will be to create 'quick filters' for each project and then in the backlog, you can use them to view only the issues associated with that one particular project.

I guess you are using one board for planning sprint which spans issues from multiple projects.

Melissa A
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 8, 2019

Thank you for confirming!

Like Gikku likes this

Suggest an answer