Can you disable notification for transitioning issue via REST?

Andrew Moulton January 24, 2019

For editing an issue, there is a parameter for named "notifyUsers" that you can set to false to disable notifications for that edit.  I am wondering if there is a similar option for transitioning issues, for example POST /rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/transitions?notifyUsers=false

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2019

Looking at the structure of the request, I would say no. 

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/7.12.0/?_ga=2.259276106.1759737369.1548184642-1685856880.1527088269#api/2/issue-editIssue

The edit issue end point specifically lists "NotifyUsers" as a parameter that can be passed along. The "Do Transition" end point has no such property listed.

Andrew Moulton January 24, 2019

Kian,

Thanks for your input!  I thought as much, but just wanted to ask and see what others thought.  I'm thinking I'll just create a small plugin to add a new REST resource for me to call.  

kevincassidy313
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 4, 2020

Hi Andrew - did you ever solve a way to do this? 

I'm looking to transition issues using the REST API but without notifying users. 

Thanks, 
Kevin 

Andrew Moulton December 4, 2020

Unfortunately no.  I just ended up writing a plugin that does the following:

validationResult.getAdditionInputs().put("sendBulkNotification", false);

IssueResult transitionResult = issueService.transition(applicationUser, validationResult);

Suggest an answer