Can you direct link to an Issue Collector?

Daniel Bower April 3, 2018

We have a JIRA issue collector that we embed on a couple sites.  Is there a direct URL that can be send via email to a user (or placed in our team email signatures) that would provide that same limited field create page to our customers?

This solution on confluence doesn't appear to work for me:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-access-issue-collector-form-without-embedding-it-in-a-page-826872619.html

5 answers

4 votes
M.K. Safi April 18, 2018

The instructions on the linked page are not working for me either. I get an empty blank page. The markup for the form collector is there on the blank page but some CSS styling seems to be preventing it from being rendered correctly

David Holshouser May 21, 2018

Same

Iryna Charkashyna June 22, 2018

same here

Chris Drouin July 17, 2018

Also encountering this.  Would appreciate a solution from the Atlassian team.

Like Olga Toverovskaya likes this
Greg Hochard July 17, 2018

Did you try solution mention below?

https://<your_url>.atlassian.net/rest/collectors/1.0/template/form/<collectorid>?os_authType=none#
Like # people like this
Chris Drouin July 17, 2018

Yes, @Greg Hochard; I hit the same issue described above.  The CSS hides all of the form elements, leaving a completely blank page.  I've confirmed this behavior in a few different browsers.  If I had to guess, the elements are supposed to be unhidden when the user clicks on the (now non-existent) button to supply feedback.

Like Matthew Gately likes this
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2018

Guys, were you able to manage it to work ? I am also in need of this  :) 

Chris Drouin September 19, 2018

No dice here.  The only solution I found was to embed the script in an HTML file, which can then be opened locally or hosted somewhere; kind of a horrible hack.

David Holshouser September 19, 2018

Nope. It'd be nice, but so far there has been no help and no response.... as usual.

Miles Cole December 19, 2018

This worked for me. Any idea how to code a default field value into the link?

2 votes
David Holshouser July 17, 2018

That answer doesn't work on server solutions, only atlassian.net.

1 vote
Greg Hochard July 11, 2018
https://<your_url>.atlassian.net/rest/collectors/1.0/template/form/<collectorid>?os_authType=none#
Perry Trinier December 28, 2020

This works for me! (cloud-hosted)

Jeremy Lynde April 9, 2024

This worked for me too, (server). All I had to do was replace the atlassian.net with my company domain name and of course our collector ID and it worked perfectly.

0 votes
Jessica Leibovitz-Uth August 30, 2019

I think the folks this works for are self hosted and those it doesn't are cloud. The poor level of access us cloud hosted folks get is driving me insane. Can we get a way to do this Atlassian?

Matthew Gately February 26, 2020

We're self-hosted and it doesn't work.

Like Stephen Garber likes this
0 votes
Iryna Charkashyna July 17, 2018

how we try to solve regular Jira collectors links (embedded code) not showing: (not direct links)

just hoping it helps to someone with direct links issues...

not pretty, but it works :-). In our case we are able to add empty <p> tags after the links as much as we want. it's aka empty landing page with some links (Jira collector links, we have 3) on the top, which looks just fine and serves for the purpose. The page is wide enough as well, so Jira collectors iframes open with no issues. 

Seems like no matter how I've coded, iframe collector only takes available space from the parent container. It doesn't work at sidebars (restricted by 200px width and 200px height).

If I hack it with JavaScript, it opens behind the main window and can be partially visible. Aka bad overlay or pop-up window :-). Iframe doesn't know about surrounding, it acts solo as separate html page.

I was able to style it a bit, but not much. 

It should be easy, right???

Peter D. October 25, 2018

Currently, the issue I'm having is I can't get the issue collector to appear even using the HTML embedded code.

Olga Toverovskaya April 27, 2022

@Andy Heinzer please help!!  This is another example of user impact of not being able to expose issue collector URL.  Is it really that difficult to do?  Please, there are countless users reporting this issue through so many different tickets.  And of course, it needs to work for the cloud version and for on-prem deployments.  

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer