Can you change the color of the parent container on kanban boards?

Robin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 11, 2020

Hi everyone

If a launch has subtasks they are grouped together on a kanban board and the group is visible by a grey border with the title of the launch at the top.

The div were talking about is called ghx-parent-group.ghx-away if i got that right.

I wonder if it is possible to change the grey to a different color? If so it would be amazing to be able to color code it with queries.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2020

Hello @Robin  Welcome
Thanks for being specific.
Not sure if that div can be changed (it can be, never tried it)

There are apps available to make your cards get different colors
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219454/color-cards-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Try then it would look good and there would some cool colors on your board as well.!

Robin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 16, 2020

Hi @Sudarshan 

Thank you a lot for your answer.

I already stumbled upon this app. Sadly in our company environment it is impossible to use third party addons. 

Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2020

Nice.!
I understand Robin, if it's an org constraint, then i would say it is a good opportunity to dig into the API of Jira :).

Suggest an answer