Can we use JIRA GREENHOPPER REST API's now?

Prathyusha Gali March 26, 2018

Many of the community champions are recommending not to use JIRA GREENHOPPER REST API's? If so, what do we need to use for retrieving data of velocity chart gadget? From the network calls, I understand the current velocity chart of JIRA is using GREENHOPPER API.  Can we use JIRA GREENHOPPER REST API's now? or will they get deprecated in the near future?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Ramjeevan Tadi May 2, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-please find the attached screenshots of the Velocity Chart,

as you can see behind that, a greehopper api has been called by jira.

Now, I'm trying to use that greenhopper api in my atlassian connect app, receiving an error message as: 401 Un Authorized ( however, working when using basic authentication by giving password and username manually).

String response = restClients.authenticatedAsHostActor().getForObject("https://seneca-global.atlassian.net/rest/greenhopper/1.0/rapid/charts/velocity.json?rapidViewId=77", String.class);

the above code gets an error: 401

Please help!

greenHopperGraph.JPGGreenHopperApi.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2018

Oh, hang on, that's Cloud, where some stuff does go back to the deprecated APIs because of the changes to the Software ones.

The recommendation stands - do not use the greenhopper apis.  They could be turned off at any second, and they're not supported for external use.  Please stick to the supportable ones.

Ramjeevan Tadi May 3, 2018

Thank you for the information, Nic.

Will work as you suggested.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2018

Greenhopper was deprecated many many years ago.

You need to use the Jira Software REST API over at https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-software/REST/latest/

Prathyusha Gali March 26, 2018

Okay, but I wonder why the current velocity chart of JIRA is using GREENHOPPER API?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2018

It's not.  It's using the one I've pointed to.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events