We have the requirement where,
1) Upload selenium test scripts in JIRA
2) Execute these test cases from JIRA
3) Update test results.
Is it possible? If yes what is the procedure to be followed? What add-ons will be be required. Currently we are using JIRA on demand.
Reading through your question, it sounds like you need someone to identify how your QA automation team is going to function. The question was asked "is it possible?" Sure it is. Sit down a dedicated developer to knock it out and it can happen; but you might be shocked on how much effort is expended on executing what you have outlined.
Zephyer is a pretty good add-on to JIRA for test case tracking. Look that over and see if it will meet your needs.
I am try to understand what the goal is here. Is it your organizations thought that time will be spent building Selenium scripts, place them in JIRA , just have the scripts run and the test cases will be automatically updated?
Hello Jagruti, I don't have a solution to resolve the situation you outlined. The only recommendation(s) I could suggest is:
1) Look at what Atlassian does for automated testing as they build features into JIRA and see if that will apply to what you need. The starting point for that is https://www.atlassian.com/test-automation .
2) Check out this add-on for Selenium and see if your team can create a job to take the Selenium test results and save them into JIRA https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/test-results-selenium-ide/
With the tools you are using, the only thing I can think that would come close would be this:
1) Reverse engineer the selenium scripts into test cases and enter them into Zephyr.
2) build a master test cycle, with your new test cases. This will be updated and groomed as the Selenium script evolves.
3) copy that Test Cycle each time you want to run the selenium script.
4)Run your selenium script and use the test results add-on to save the results into your Copied Test Cycle.
5)based on the results, you will have to manually pass/fail the test cases in the test cycle (should take about 5 minutes with the bulk update tool in JIRA).
Fully automated solution? No.
I am not a JIRA or Selenium expert, but I just don't see how you can get a fully automated solution just using a combination of the current abilities of JIRA / Selemium add-ons. A lot of scripts will have to be built to get there. Hope you find what you are looking for.
Thanks for responding quickly.
Following are our requirements:
We already have the selenium scripts, we just want to update those in JIRA in the form of Test cases
Run these automated test cases from JIRA and update the test results.
How can we achieve this? please guide.
I am aware of the Zephyr for JIRA and installed that add, however as I can see its only for the manual test scripts.
It would be really helpful of you, if you could provide the any add on that I can use to run automated test cases from JIRA.
I too want to know how we can achieve automation using selenium and update status of execution to Jira. We only have the selenium scripts ready at our side but we don't know how to add the status to Jira by updating current testcase or by creating a new test case/bug if an issue is found while automation script execution. Please help and guide the process with example steps.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG