Can we hide the "Delete" option in the List view when selecting all? Project > projectname > List

Donald Collins May 3, 2024

Hi Community,

I have very minimal rights in JIRA as a basic user, not Admin or such.
However, when viewing a project in the List view one can select all to copy BUT one can also delete all the Jira's at once as well !!  This is very dangerous option to have enabled especially for basic role/rights users.
Is there a way to turn off this "Delete" option ?
I've attached a screenshot with the option highlighted with a red box:
Thank you for your time !
Best Regards,
Donald
2024-05-03 12_57_55-List - InfoSec_IT - Jira.png

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2024

Hello @Donald Collins 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Access to delete issues is based on the Role to which the user is assigned in the project.

I see in the lower left corner of your image that you are using a Team Managed project.

The Project Administrators for that project can adjust the permissions allocated to project roles and the users assigned to those roles to limit who has the ability to delete issues.

More information about permissions in Team Managed projects can be found here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/next-gen-permissions/

Thank you @Trudy Claspill for your quick reply and troubleshooting help.
I will review this "The Project Administrators for that project can adjust the permissions allocated to project roles and the users assigned to those roles to limit who has the ability to delete issues. " as a way to prevent deletes.
Thanks again....

I'm looking for how to prevent the ability to delete issues by users.
I'm not finding it via the "Change Project Access".
I'm not sure if that granularity is available at that menu? (second screenshot)
Any ideas?
2024-05-03 14_25_00-InfoSec_IT - Access - Jira.png

2024-05-03 14_29_22-InfoSec_IT - Access - Jira.png

Thank you for your time and help!
Best Regards,
Donald

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2024

Hello Donald,

It is not set at the Project Access level. You need to look at the permissions assigned to Roles.

You can view the roles available in the project by clicking on the Manage Roles button in the upper right corner of the Access page.

You can then click on a Role to see the permissions enabled for that Role.

Some Roles are default roles where the permissions can't be modified. But you can use those as templates to make new custom roles where you change the permissions.

You need a role that disables the Delete Any Issue permission, and then assign the users to that role and remove them from other roles where Delete Any Issue is enabled.

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 12.04.34 PM.png

Wow. Excellent, thank you !
This should work out just fine !
Thank you for your help @Trudy Claspill  !!
Best Regards,
Donald

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events