Can we filter the issues by workflow?

chiragtweboccult June 23, 2021

I am using JIRA for the past 4 months and it is really frustrating for me that I can not filter the issues/tasks by the workflow. Like I want to check that for my current sprint how many of the issues are DONE? how many of them are in progress? etc.

As you can see from the screenshots, I am in the backlog screen, now I want to filter that how many of the issues are in the staging uploaded? production uploaded? . So we can have a filter dropdown there for these kinds of filters.

Also when I create the issue it should automatically select the type 'TASK' not the story and also it should automatically select the current sprint from the dropdown. 

These are the things for a better user experiencescreenshot-eatcard.atlassian.net-2021.06.24-11_51_29.pngscreenshot-eatcard.atlassian.net-2021.06.24-11_51_47.pngscreenshot-eatcard.atlassian.net-2021.06.24-11_52_21.png

2 answers

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2021

Hi @chiragtweboccult 

For the filter, you can try

project = ABC AND Sprint in openSprints() AND status = Staging Uploaded

replace ABC with your project name and put the correct status in

To set the default issue type when creating :

• From the left hand menu, click on Project settings
  • From the left hand menu, click on Issue types
  • Click on Actions in the top right and choose Edit issue types
  • There's a dropdown to set the default issue type
chiragtweboccult June 24, 2021

Hello @Warren 

There is no action for Edit issue types. I have checked it.

Can you tell me what should be the role to have that action?

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2021

Hi @chiragtweboccult 

Screenshot_1.jpg

See my screenshot. If you aren't seeing in your Jira instance what I'm showing here, it might be that you don't have permission to change it - I think you need to be a project Administrator to change it

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2021

Hello @chiragtweboccult,

You can create filters and Dashboards for this, to know about how many statuses under particular Workflow status.

JQL Filter : Project = XYZ and Sprint in Opensprints(). (This will gives all the Issues in Current Sprint)

Create A new Dashboard --> Add a Gadget --> Two Dimensional Gadget --> Add Filter (Like Above) 

Choose

X - Axis (Status)

Y-Axis (Issue Types).

Here you can get How many Issues are in different Workflow Statuses for Issue Types.

Thanks,

Anvesh

chiragtweboccult June 24, 2021

Hello @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH

Thank you for your valuable answer.  I already knew the advanced search. What I am trying to say is can't JIRA guys add the filter dropdown like they are giving for the Label, Epic, and Type? 

so that we do not have to switch the page and go back and forth. 

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2021

For this moment it's not possible with default Jira settings.

I think We previously used the trial version of the "Rich Filters for Jira" Gadget. where we used dropdown for Project in (Dashboards). 

Can you please check  (This is only for the Server)? you can enquire for Cloud any future plans.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214789/rich-filters-for-jira-dashboards?hosting=server&tab=overview 

Thanks,

Anvesh

Suggest an answer