Can we disable the emails to admins whenever a new user joins Jira or Confluence?

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2022

I am an admin of multiple Atlassian Cloud sites.

When a user joins Jira/ confluence I get an email in the format: <name> has joined your jira/ confluence.

For me those emails are useless and I can't find any setting to disable them. Am I missing something or is the only solution an inbox rule?

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2022

@Charlie Misonne I do not receive these type of notifications, and I am an admin on our instance. We do not allow existing users to invite new users. Do you have this enabled? If so, perhaps you are receiving these messages as an admin so you can know who is accessing products Admins have not invited them to?

Capture.JPG

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2022

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply. Indeed I'm not getting those emails for all instances where I am an admin. But it's not the user invite setting.

After reading your answer I took a look at related settings and in my case it is the approved domains setting:

image.png

I will get an email for any user that joins automatically because they are a member of an approved domain. Notice how it is not possible to disable the notification emails unless you approve "any domain". I'm not sure why this is the case.

Drew Rhoades November 10, 2022

There's a request for this.  Hope it gets more votes:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-7620

Suggest an answer