Can we create a line chart in JIRA about the number of total open issues grouped by daily/weekly/monthly?

Lucy Lucy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 8, 2013

I'm trying to create a line trend graph about the number of total open issues grouped by daily/weekly/monthly. But could not find a solution for this. I'm looking for some help from the forum.

3 answers

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

The created vs resolved chart with trend line (which shows the delta) is a very good option to see the trend and for planning.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Created+vs+Resolved+Issues+Report

Select period as weekly.

suren.vangapally March 25, 2015

Hi Renjith,

Created v resolved shows only the number of 'BUGS' we created and resolved time to time. 

But actually what we want is the trend of BUGS in JIRA.. I want to see a char/graph that shows how many BUGS that are OPEN in the system this week , next week, next after week and soo on...So that we can track how many are getting closed every week and how many are newly entering... is it increasing or decreasing?

Is there any solution for this in JIRA?

Thanks,

Suren

Like Payal Agarwal likes this
0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2015

I guess the Recently created chart will help you here (red is new, and green shows the closed items in that week)

image2015-3-25 16:11:38.png

Yael Zaritsky
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 16, 2018

THANKS! This is exactly what I was looking for

0 votes
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2013

hi i am also searching same solution if you fine anything please let me know.

thanks,

tousif shaikh.

Suggest an answer