Can watch notes be added upon watching an issue?

After receiving a large number of the auto generated update emails from watching issues in JIRA, it became easy to forget why I began watching certain issues.  Can an optional note be added upon watching a task, that appears on the follow up emails sent to the watchers?

Thank you for your time,
Kyle Hine

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I think that what you really want is: My Reminders

Just install that in your Cloud JIRA and then set reminders for yourself to look at the issue again.

In My Reminders you can leave yourself little reminder messages so that you know why you set the reminder in the first place:

Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 10.34.14 am.png

Give it a try and let me know if it solves your problems. laugh

This widget could not be displayed.
Paulo Junior Atlassian Team Jun 04, 2015

Hi Kyle,

What is possible to be done is configure what kind of notifications the Watcher will receive under "Notification Scheme".

Go to Project > Administration > Notification  and remove "Watcher" from any unwanted notification event.

Thank you for your suggestion, I apologize for any miscommunication. I watched a JIRA from a few months ago and see update emails, but can no longer remember why I watched it. I want to continue watching it. If there was a private note that could be added to the task (maybe even included in the update emails) I would then see the reason I watched the task in the update emails.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

270 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you