Can the customer portal be customized per customer?

Mark Huey September 12, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring the customer portal

We need a way to make our customer portal unique for each company in our customer list. 

We group the customer users by the company they are with. We need their portal to have different information based on what company they are with. 

3 answers

1 vote
Chris Naurois September 14, 2016

If you are using the Cloud version, like I do, there is no way to customise the portal based on who the user is.

As suggested, and provided it is possible and manageable for your case, you could create separate Service Desk projects for each customer group. This will allow you to provide separate customer portals and customise them a little.

i suggest you start with creating a new SD project, and making it invisible to your other users by using the setting "Only for users in my customer list" in the Portal security.

This will give you something to test with so you can see how it works and if it is useful.

Chris Naurois September 14, 2016

One major drawback i should mention is that each customer groups would have to us separate URLs for the individual SDs.

there is no getting around this.

0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 23, 2018

Hi Mark,

What exactly do you need? Do you want to change layout, colours, etc. or request types, fields, my requests lists?

Kate

Bibhas Sarkar November 14, 2018

Hi Kate,

We are facing similar issue, here is what we intend to do

We have 50 odd companies as customer and each company has few people who logs into portal for reporting issues and conversing with support team; what we want is that all the users from a company should be able to see all issues reported against their company. 

Now, on the other side, we have support team, who supports all customers and have their own process and SLA's. They need a common queue to view all reported issues across customers. 

So, far we are not able to filter the issues per customer which is view-able by a customer representative.

If you can advise how this can be achieved, that will be great. 

By the way, we use server version of Jira and service desk. We also want to have a single URL for accessing support page for our product, it can't be customer specific URL as that will be nightmare to maintain.

Regards,

Bibhas

Greg Satur December 23, 2018

Hi Bibhas, 

What we have done to allow users at one company to see all support enquiries from that particular company.  This is set as you create users for the service desk project and assign them to companies.

From a QUEUE perspective for your support teams, you can create QUEUES (which appear to be essentially VIEWS) and allow them to filter based on company A vs company B.

Just realised you have JIRA server. This is for JIRA cloud.

Hope it's relevant.

G

0 votes
Chris Naurois September 13, 2016

Hey Mark,

Are you already creating different Service Desks for each customer group?

At this stage, this would be the only way to  customise (slightly: logo, name, URL and description) what they see, and then use each Portals' permissions to restrict them to just the correct customers.

Obviously, if your Portal is open to all, then there is no way to customise the portal since you cannot manage which customer belongs to which group.

I hope this helps.

EDIT - I should have been clearer on the fact that this is the case for the Cloud version AFAIK. I have not used the Hosted version.

Mark Huey September 14, 2016

We have 1 service desk project for all support. 

Suggest an answer