Can't upload images!

Viewing page 2 of 2

30 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
CxP
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 1, 2020

This seemingly appears to be an auth token timeout problem between services.

If you reload the page, upload works as expected.

If your tab/window has been open for a while, then this error occurs again.

0 votes
Gabriel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 26, 2020

It happens for us as well, issue seems to be here POST https://api.media.atlassian.com/upload/createWithFiles <-- returns a 500

Jeremy Coulson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 26, 2020

Gabriel, I'm not sure if you've noticed yet, but images seem to have been fixed.  We can upload again now.  

Like Lenin Gómez likes this
Gabriel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 27, 2020

Thanks Jeremy, I was getting that error for about an hour or so, and noticed it was sorted eventually. But this seems to be reoccurring every now and then and it's affecting a number of people. Would be nice to get an explanation from the Atlassian team. Whatever caused the issue happened in that API endpoint.

0 votes
Rob Simpson August 5, 2020

We are having the same issue. When you insert a picture, the "Save" button gets grayed out. If you try and copy/paste, it says "We couldn't save your comment. It might be empty or have invalid formatting."

0 votes
Harish Supe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 6, 2020

This irritating behavior still continues when editing comments.

JIRA v7.3.0 + Windows 10 1909 + Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Copy + paste and image, the image shows in the edit box.

Save the comment image turns in to Unable to render embedded object: File (image-2020-07-06-08-56-57-764.png) not found.

I cannot use drag+drop, because that requires saving the image to file, whereas my use cases most of the time are screenshots.

Tracy Moffat July 24, 2020

Having the exact same issue this week, had been working again previously.

Now, have to save screenshots and then drag and drop.  The paste didn't work, and none of files I had attached to the comment uploaded when save was clicked.

0 votes
James_Becker April 19, 2020

Having exactly the same issue, Chrome on macOS with screenshot .png files.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question