Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't see card configuration option

I have the role of site administrator and i have a kanban dashboard for my project.

Under board configuration i can see only "columns and statuses" but can't see "cards". Any idea?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

hi @abir 

Jira only shows Columns and Status under the 'Columns' section of Board configuration.

The Cards will be shown in the Kanban board when there are issues. Can you share details on what are you trying to solve for

Thanks,

@Gowtam Kamath 

Hi Gowtam,

I have grouped many statuses under one column. For example testing in development environment and testing in production environment under one column of "Testing". However to be able to differentiate the exact status of the card without opening it, I want this status to show on the card.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks

Hi @abir 

You need to customize the card Layout on the Board.

Board Settings -> Card layout  -> Add 'Status' field. 

Refer this

Thanks,

@Gowtam Kamath 

That's the problem. "Card layout" is not showing for me. 

The type of my project is "Team managed" not "Company managed". Is this the reason?

I guess so but I am not confident. The Board customizations options are limited in the Team managed project Boards.

Thanks! Apparently this is the reason and I will migrate my project to "company-managed". 

Appreciated your support.

Like Gowtam Kamath likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jun 21, 2021

Hi @abir

currently there is no option to configure this - but you could vote for the Suggestion on jira.atlassian.com

Doing so you signalize the idea is of importance for you/your team.

Regards,
Daniel

Thanks! I voted!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you