Can't see card configuration option

abir June 17, 2021

I have the role of site administrator and i have a kanban dashboard for my project.

Under board configuration i can see only "columns and statuses" but can't see "cards". Any idea?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2021

Hi @abir

currently there is no option to configure this - but you could vote for the Suggestion on jira.atlassian.com

Doing so you signalize the idea is of importance for you/your team.

Regards,
Daniel

abir June 22, 2021

Thanks! I voted!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gowtam Kamath June 17, 2021

hi @abir 

Jira only shows Columns and Status under the 'Columns' section of Board configuration.

The Cards will be shown in the Kanban board when there are issues. Can you share details on what are you trying to solve for

Thanks,

@Gowtam Kamath 

abir June 17, 2021

Hi Gowtam,

I have grouped many statuses under one column. For example testing in development environment and testing in production environment under one column of "Testing". However to be able to differentiate the exact status of the card without opening it, I want this status to show on the card.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks

Gowtam Kamath June 18, 2021

Hi @abir 

You need to customize the card Layout on the Board.

Board Settings -> Card layout  -> Add 'Status' field. 

Refer this

Thanks,

@Gowtam Kamath 

abir June 20, 2021

That's the problem. "Card layout" is not showing for me. 

The type of my project is "Team managed" not "Company managed". Is this the reason?

Gowtam Kamath June 21, 2021

I guess so but I am not confident. The Board customizations options are limited in the Team managed project Boards.

abir June 22, 2021

Thanks! Apparently this is the reason and I will migrate my project to "company-managed". 

Appreciated your support.

Like Gowtam Kamath likes this

Suggest an answer