Can't remove members from "atlassian-addons-project-access" project role

Ryan Michel February 4, 2019

Like most JIRA setups, we have the "atlassian-addons-project-access" project role that has the ability to Administer Projects. Somehow, many users have this project role and therefore can administer the project.

Using the "People" section of the Project Settings, I can add and remove roles, however, the atlassian-addons-project-access project role is missing.

In addition, when I explore the role to see members, it says 0 members, however, via the permissions helper, it reveals that users have the Administer Projects permission via the atlassian-addons-project-access project role.

A tangled web... :) Thanks for the help

Ryan

1 answer

0 votes
Gurpreet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2019

atlassian-addons-project-access is for connected apps only i.e. your installed add-ons etc. 

it wont show up under People section under project settings. 

can you press dot (.) and type role and then open project roles browser. from there you will see atlassian-addons-project-access"  as one of the roles listed. click on view default  member usage to see what is in there. from there you can also click on EDIT and remove the members. 

ideally no usres should be part of this role and only connected apps should have this one. ifyou find some user in there, you can remove them. 

hope this helps. 

Ryan Michel February 4, 2019

Hi Gurpreet, thank you for the reply!

In the Project Role Browser I do see the default users but it is all extensions that we have installed (not actual users).

Somehow, a group or some other collection is leaking folks into this role. There are many, many users that are obtaining this permission through this role.

Thanks again..

Best,

Ryan

Pauline Monroy April 14, 2020

Hi @Ryan Michel 

I'm facing the same thing here. 

Everytime I add a new user, somehow they would alert me saying they cant access anything. Upon checking the permission helper, I see they dont have the atlassian-addons-project-access role added. 

In the Roles section, I can only view the usage, not add users to it. 

Any help would be great.

jira-add-on issue.png

Like Christina Payne likes this
Christina Payne July 8, 2021

I have been struggling with this as well.

A handful of my dev team can not (as of 2 weeks ago) close or open their Sprints!

They have all the necessary permissions, and I am the Jira admin. Their roles or permissions have not changed............. so what did????

Suggest an answer