Can't paste images in Jira (description or comment) using Chrome

Daniel Doss October 16, 2019

I am on a new computer, with a fresh install of Chrome.

In a Jira ticket, I cannot paste in an image from the clipboard.

Earlier today, I did not even have the "Attachments" button OR "Attachments" section on any Jira tickets (and could not paste either).

I was able to drag an image from Windows Explorer over into the Description or Comments box... but I'd get an error message from Jira and the image was being displayed full size/huge (where I'd previously had the images adopt the width of the Jira description/comment box... and show it as a clickable thumbnail in the normal view).  I could not adjust the size of the image by grabbing the edges either.

After about an hour of not having the "Attachments" button OR "Attachments" section, both of those suddenly started showing up... and they work.  But, images are still being inserted at full size, and not 'to-fit' or in a thumbnail like I'm accustomed to.  And no resizing.

IMPORTANT:  Things seem to be working normally (like I'm used to) in Firefox.  The only exception being that images aren't turning into thumbnails and are staying their full original size until I manually resize them.  This is still a lot better than the Chrome behavior... but our team likes us to be using Chrome, so I need a fix.

1 answer

0 votes
Zeno September 21, 2023

Experience this randomly in chrome.

Can the atlassian team please stop interferring with normal browser behaviour? 

Suggest an answer