Can't link my custom CSS-file!

JIRA Plugin Developer July 10, 2014

I can't reference my own CSS-file. It is defined in src/main/resources/css. What do I need to to include in my html-code (vm-file) and where has it to be included?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

Can you please give a code sample? Usually you put <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="formate.css"> into the header.

I've already defined the css-web-resource, but how do I connect it to the link tag? Or somehow else?

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2014

The page describes 3 options. I would recommend one of two:

1. use webResourceManager.requireResource

2. include the resource in the context of the page

0 votes

Ok, I understand. You don't need the link tag in the header of the html-file.

You simply define your web-resource (do not forget context!!!) in atlassian.xml:

&lt;web-resource key="key-Name" name="name Resource"&gt;
        &lt;dependency&gt;com.atlassian.auiplugin:ajs&lt;/dependency&gt;

&lt;resource type="download" name="my-listener-plugin.css" location="/css/my-listener-plugin.css"/&gt;
        &lt;resource type="download" name="my-listener-plugin.js" location="/js/my-listener-plugin.js"/&gt;
        &lt;resource type="download" name="images/" location="/images"/&gt;

&lt;context&gt;your-context&lt;/context&gt;
    &lt;/web-resource&gt;

And then you reference this context, by putting following line of code into the header of the html-file:

$webResourceManager.requireResourcesForContext("your-context")

That's how it works. By referencing this context, you also have access to all other resources defined in your web-resource like js, images, ...

Suggest an answer