Can't get closed issues to "resolve"

Susan Cline April 4, 2012

I know this is a novice questions but ... I created a new workflow and I noticed that my issues are going unresolved even though they are closed. I have a "resolution" called closed which is the default. I thought that would apply to any workflows with "closed" as the last step. I must be missing something. Please advise. Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2012

You should always put the Resolution field on the screen of the transition which leads into closed or resolved. Or if you don't want a screen you should set the resolution programmatically in a workflow post function

Not sure that I understand. I tried edting the workflow by adding a new step but I can't get it placed above the closed. It puts it after the closed. Is there a way to sort the steps?

Ok - that is making more sense. I will give that a try. Thanks.

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2012
The order of steps on the screen does not matter. The steps are linked by transitions. so what is important how the steps are linked by transitions starting from the open step until the closed step. The closed step is usually the step which is linked to previous steps only but does not link to any successor step (except in the standard Jira workflow which has a reopen transition linking to the Reopened step)' I was talking to transitions that end at the final step. these transitions should always have a transition screen with the field Resolution

I guess I don't get it. I changed closed to link to Resolved but that must not be what you mean.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2012

As Dieter suggested, set the Resolution field in the post function

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Usingapostfunctiontosetafield

Or Add the resolution field on the workflow transition screen so that people can pick it.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Usingascreenwithatransition

Only after resolution is set, the issue will be shown as resolved. The name of the state can be anything.

Visuals are good. Thanks. That is what I was missing! Thanks so much for you help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events