Can't find the issues i moved in bulk to another project

Jatni Blandon June 22, 2022

I moved issues in bulk from one project to another and deleted the source project. Now I cant find the issues on the target project.  Source project is in the trash which I restored, but it also had no issues in it. Please help me get the issues back.  Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
mauricio.groth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2022

Hi @Jatni Blandon 

As you're on Jira Cloud, the correct answer is to get an app that provides JQL extensions you're looking for.

With standard JQL, you can only get a list of issues and export them to Excel for further processing. This works if you want to do a one-off analysis. If your use case is more dynamic than that, look beyond standard Jira.

Standard JQL doesn't easily allow it, but you can quickly find the results using our professional indexing service JQL Search Extensions

Find issues that belonged to a different project and were moved. For instance, the following query finds issues that were in project MyProject. 

movedProjects = MyProject

Warning: Due to Jira plugin system limitation it is impossible to build a command which supports searching from/to. The query will find all issues which were in MyProject at some point. 

Check out the documentation for more examples.
I hope this helps!
Maurício

Thank you I was able to find them

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

Hi @Jatni Blandon ,

do you recall anything about one or more of the issues such that you could construct a JQL defined issues? For example let’s say you remember that the summary of one of the issues was “I need to do this“ then you could create a JQL to search for that summary.

Also I assume you recall the target project? If the move was recent they should be at the top of the list for most recently created. 

If you truly cannot find them then the only thing I can assume is that they were deleted rather than moved or deleted after they were moved.

Hello!

Thank you! and Yes I know the target project and expected the moved tickets to be on the top when I search for tickets but they are not there.  Even if I look for them specifically. I remember answering questions about adjusting the issues to the target issue template when I was going through the wizard so I am pretty sure I was moving not deleting but if they were deleted, if there a way I can get them back? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

Hi @Jatni Blandon ,

I see in your response to Mauricio you found the issues. Can you elaborate on the solution? Glad you found them!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events