Can't find the 'Move all subtasks' option from 'More Actions' menu

Michelle Logan November 13, 2017
In a previous instance we had the option to move all subtasks within the More dropdown menu when viewing an issue. 
In the new instance, it no longer exists and I can't find where to add it. I checked the previous instance to see if it was a custom script but it's not.
Does anyone know if there's an option for moving all subtasks from the More menu? 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

"Move all subtasks" is not a native Jira function, so I suspect you had an add-on providing it.

I'm sorry, but I can't find an add-on that might do it in the marketplace, so I think I'd want to ask your admins what was providing it before.

Michelle Logan November 14, 2017

Thanks. If only they were still with us. 

I had suspected I'd need to create a custom web item using script runner but wanted to be sure.

Thanks

0 votes
Semi Kefi [demicon GmbH]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2017

To set up "Move" you must browse the permission scheme:

Move Issues

Ability to move issues between projects or between workflows of the same project (if applicable). Note the user can only move issues to a project he or she has the create permission for.

--> Subtask -> Move to another Parent Issue

Hope this will be helpful! 

/Br

Semi

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

You may want to change the title of your question. I thought you wanted to disable the move option, not that you can't find it

Michelle Logan November 14, 2017

Done. I'm not sure why I titled it that way... Mondays, I guess.

Thanks

Suggest an answer