Can't edit Start/Due dates in 'next gen' kanban board

Katherine Z
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 27, 2019

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you resolve it?

More detail:

On the Next-gen kanban board, some issues will not let us update start/due dates. I have tried editing the dates from the issue view, the popup issue view, and from Biggantt. Each time, the date reverts back to the incorrect date. 

Before these issues were created, I changed the date format preference in jira setting to match my company's preferred format (mm/dd/yyyy) and the change has not been reflected in the issue view. Could this have something to do with it?

Also, we are using the free cloud-based version as a trial, will this issue resolve itself if we upgrade to the standard plan? 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 30, 2019

Hello Katherine,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Using the details you provided, I tested on my local free site a next-gen Kanban project and I was able to change the start and due date.

Is this issue happening on all projects or only on this one?

Have you reverted the date configuration back to what it was? If not, can you please do this test?

Also, related to the changed not being reflected, this is a known bug that affects only the next-gen and new issue view. You can find more details on the link below:

Please, click on "This affects my team" and also watch to receive updates about the bug.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer