Can't delete story

Shafiq Mohammed April 16, 2019

Hey guys,

So I'm the sole admin for this project, and whenever I try to delete a story, I get this error:

"It seems that you have tried to perform an operation which you are not permitted to perform.

If you think this message is wrong, please contact your Jira administrators."

I'm trying to right click on the story and hit Delete. But it's not letting my. My only other alternative is to ship it to done but that creates other issues. Please help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2019

@Shafiq Mohammed 

Just to clarify that the story you try to delete belongs to the project that you are an admin within - correct?

Did you check the permission scheme of the project? Which roles do you have assigned in that project

Cheers

Kurt

Hey Kurt, thanks for the response!

So I just checked my project settings and even though I was creating all the stories and all, I wasn't even added to the project...? -.-

Just added myself and now it works. Thanks!

Hantz Fevry April 18, 2019

lol same here, I created the project but could not delete since I didn't add myself lol

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2019

@Shafiq Mohammed 

Glad to hear that.

Would be great be great if you mark that issue as answered / accepted, helps others to distinguish between new and already resolved requests

All the best

Kurt

Done!

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2019

Suggest an answer