Can't create tickets in JIRA

Kojo July 14, 2021

Hello,

I can't create issues in JIRA right now. When I click "create", nothing happens. The button becomes immediately available to click on again.

I have restarted my browser and logging out and back into JIRA but still having the same problem.

To clarify, the "create" button I'm referring to is the button that triggers the creation of a ticket after all required fields have been entered (not the "create" button in the top header menu on JIRA).

Also, unable to create new Jira tickets in the Marketplace Eligibility Application (MEA) project

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2021

Hi @Kojo

if I understood all correctly the problem is with a Jira Server (not Cloud) but you cannot nail it down to a browser issue.

Is the problem also happening for other users on other machines (PC/laptops/Smartphones)?
Is is still happening when you try a completely different browser for a test?

Assuming it is Jira Server I am wondering if you are able to see any error from log file?
atlassian-jira.log would be the first I't take a look into. Best watch it (maybe with the support of your system administrator right in the moment when you try to create an issue).

This documentation gives a guidance on where to look for logfiles:

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2021

Sounds like you maybe have a validator that is failing; the failure message may be displaying at the top of the form, where you're not seeing it. After clicking "Create", scroll to the top of the form to see if there are any such messages.

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2021

Hi @Kojo ,

Thanks for posting in the community.

I have checked the Jira Status now - https://jira-software.status.atlassian.com/and it's operational and there is no such errors reported.

It would be hard to guess without more background.

Could you please connect to support - https://support.atlassian.com/ if this is persistent ?

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Suvradip

Suggest an answer