It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't create/save a task or sub-task for an Epic, New Feature or Task

When I create an Epic (and save it) then create a Task under an epic, I am getting the following error.  

"We couldn't create your child issue.  Check your connection and then give it another try." 

I don't have a connection issue because I am successfully making and saving all other edits.  I get the same response when i try to create a sub-task under a Task or New Feauture. 

Any guidance on how to fix the issue would be great! 

1 answer

Hello @Melissa Nielsen

Welcome to Atlassian Community! Sorry to see you are not being able to create sub-tasks or Stories under your issues/Epics. 

Please, try the step below so we can better troubleshoot the problem:

1 - Is the problem happening only for a specific issue in your site or is it happening for any issue?

2 - Can you try to reproduce the problem in a different browser? Additionally, provide us with errors returned in the Javascript console of the browser.

3 - If a project has a default assignee but the default assignee does not have the assignable user permission, users will be prompted with the generic error you are seeing when creating a subtask through the new issue view:

Generic error message in the new view when creating a subtask

That being said, can you check if the default assignee under project settings > Details have the "assignable user permission"?

4 - Check if you don't have required fields to fill in the issues you are trying to created, as mentioned in the bug below:

Cannot create subtasks if there is a required field on the new JIRA issue view. 

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you