Can't connect JIRA and Confluence Project

Community_Hub January 14, 2020

Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-14 um 12.40.06.png

I've tried to connect my JIRA project with a confluence project, but it's not working and I don't know why.

All I see is "Connection failed" and I'm not sure why.

My JIRA dn Confluence instance work. I'm able to access both with the same client session/browser session.

Did anybody else experience this? Any ideas how to resolve this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

Okay @Community_Hub , Try it in reverse by doing the following:

1. Go to your Confluence space, and on the sidebar, click Space settings > Integrations.
  2. Click the Application Links tab.
  3. Click Add Link, System JIRA (JIRA). 
  4. Enter the space key or space name, then click Create.
  5. Now go back to your Next-Gen project and connecting to the Confluence Space. 

-Mike

Thanks, that didn't work as expected;)

I've run into an error here ( No Perm Error) , which I guess was also the reason for the issue.

Once the error was resolved by clicking on "Administration"

Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-14 um 15.38.14.png

it worked as expected.
BTW regarding your step 3, the JIRA link was already there.

Thanks for the heads up.

0 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

Hi @Community_Hub 

How are you getting to the step that produced the screenshot? If you could describe the steps that would be useful. Also is your project a classic or Next Gen project? 

Also worth confirming under Project Settings - Features (assuming a Next-gen project is in play), Do you have Pages turned on? (Create, share and collaborate on all your project docs in one place. Requires Confluence by Atlassian).

-Mike

My Project is a next gen project.

Inside the jira project I've clicked on "Pages" and "Connect a Space". This will open the above form, where I've tried to select the existing project and which then  results in the error.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-14 um 14.30.31.png

The connection works def. because I'm able to create a new confluence project from the form, only connecting to an existing project fails unfortunately

Gustavo Gassmann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 13, 2022

That is happening to me too, but my project isn't a Next Gen. It isn't my first project linked with confluence, but It is the first I try to link after create a space on confluence.
I went to confluence and add Jira project as a link integration and made too on Jira, but both don't solved the issue. 

Do you know other options to try? 

Suggest an answer