Can't configure board even though I'm administrator

tanvi patel September 16, 2022

Hi,

I've recently joined a project where I'm given administrator rights, scrum master rights and PO rights.

I want to configure a new swimlane in an existing sprint board. The person who is admin of that board has left the project and no longer has access to Jira, but her name is still there as "board admin". The owner of the project left the company 1-2 years back, so even she is no longer active but her name is still there as owner.

I'm wondering how do we manage so I become admin of the board? i'm already given admin rights for the project but still can't edit the board/change the current board admin.

Thankful for you help!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2022

Hello @tanvi patel,

While you are a project admin, you need to get the board's admin permission to add/edit swimlanes and make changes to other configurations of your agile board. Since the existing board admin has left already, the best bet here would be to contact your Jira instance's administrators and ask them to add you as an admin to the agile board. They'll be the only people who can assist you with this by adding you as an admin of the board.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

tanvi patel September 16, 2022

Thanks for the reply!

How do I find the contact for the Jira's instance adminstrator? (sorry for asking, I'm just so confused with all the different admin-roles)

Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2022

If you have any helpdesk dashboard in your instance, you might find the info there. Or you might want to reach out to your organization's internal teams to get to know the contact details of your admins.

Like tanvi patel likes this

Suggest an answer