Can't close parent issue if sub-tasks are closed

info_intercomp_ru October 7, 2019

Placed 2 photos to explane my problem. Can community assist me and explane why parent issue can't become closed? I've updated my parent issue few times.

1.png2.png

Best regards

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2019

Have you updated the subtask, or just the parent?

If I am reading right, you need to update the subtask to trigger the automation, not the parent.

Is there a condition/validator on the parent that might be preventing the transition? (ie can you transition it manually?)

info_intercomp_ru October 7, 2019

Just parent issue. But there's no need to update subtasks in scheme. There's only condition to autotransite our parent issue.

I need to transite my parent issue into another status by the automation if all subtasks are closed.

And it's possible to transite parent issue manually.

Scheme:

If parent issue's status is in progress and subtasks are closed parent issue must be transited into approval status when updated.

P.S. JQL-search for subtasks detect parent issues (not subtasks).

Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2019

is QMS-16 the parent or the subtask?

The way your rule is currently written.

• When an issue is updated
    • Look for the parent of the updated issue.
    • Check 
      • Check that that issue (the parent) is in progress
      • check that all subtasks of the parent are close
    • If both are true, transition that issue.

The key is that the process starts with an update to the subtask. not the parent. If you update the parent, it has no parents so nothing happens. You need to update the subtask to transition the parent.

If you want the automation to take place on an update of the parent, then you would want a different rule

• When an issue is updated
    • If that issue has subtasks
    • And all those subtasks are closed
  • Then transition that issue.

Notice the point of view change. The automation in that case starts with an update to the parent, not the subtask.

info_intercomp_ru October 15, 2019

Hello!

Problem decided. I had to use default addon scheme in its list.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer