Can't change reporter although i have the permission

LDobschall March 7, 2016

Hey,

our team has changed our workflow and now other departments should use JIRA more.

So to smoothing the start phase we want the ability to create issues and change the reporter.

Now we changed the permissions but now I see the field in the edit overlay but can not change it. In the peoplemodule I get the input field, but I can only set the reporter to myself.

The fun part is that the project managers can do that.

So anyone got an idea which permission is wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2016

hello,

you need to have the "modify reporter" permission in the project permission scheme.

Selection_002.png

also you need to have "browse users" permission in the global permissions so that you can see other people and assign to them.

Selection_003.png

LDobschall March 7, 2016

Some of our devs weren't in the right global goup with the "browse users" permission.

Thnaks for your help smile

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2016

you're welcome, glad to help smile

Like Иван Бирюков likes this

Suggest an answer